If you are an author, we'd like to encourage you to consider letting us produce a Video Footnotes Companion DVD for your work. We have several packages available, and we can come to you, or you can visit us in our 4000sq ft. studio in Phoenix, Arizona. You'll be amazed at how little it costs and how quickly we can produce a professional DVD companion that will thrill and entertain your readers.
Here are some answers to commonly asked questions:
Why should I produce a DVD companion?
- It adds value to your book. Unlike your printed work, a DVD costs very little to duplicate, yet it can add $8-$15 to the value of your book, greatly increasing the profit margin for you, the author
- Our surveys have shown that, when presented with 2 or more similar books, a reader is more likely to purchase a book that comes with a DVD companion
- It's a great way to let readers get a more 'intimate' look at the authors they like, and make it more likely that future books by the author will be purchased.
What are the benefits to me, the author?
- You can offer it free with the book as an incentive to buyers.
- You can sell it alongside the book, deriving extra revenue from the sale of the DVD
- You can sell it as a bundle with, increasing your average revenue per sale
- You can send it our promotionally. This greatly reduces the cost and time required for book tours
How much does it cost to produce, and how long does it take?
- We will have standard pricing for our packages, but due to the introductory nature of our product, we're offering the service at a greatly reduced rate in order to increase the number of clients. Drop us a line and we can work out a budget that is agreeable to both parties.
- Typically, it takes 4-6 weeks from the time we shoot to the time we have a completed product ready for duplication.
Who owns the content?
- The content is owned by you, the author. We reserve the right to use it for promotional purposes, and we'll 'license' it from you to sell on your behalf, should you choose that option.
Roo Productions and Video Footnotes would greatly appreciate the chance to talk to you about a DVD companion for your book. Drop us an email or phone call today, and let's talk about the possibilities.